Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Happy Hallow...giving!

It seems that I have been lax in my blogging lately. Partly because of issues with finding the pictures to post and partly because I have to use the lap top to post those pictures. The lap top is not my friend and is always acting like it is possessed by an evil spirit. We started out our Halloween celebration on the day before Halloween, Sunday. We celebrated Matthew's 3rd birthday. Happy Birthday, my little Matty Matt Man. We had our traditional pumpkin bread bowls and soup. It was yummy potato soup and chicken tortilla soup again this year.

After eating and opening Matthew's presents, the grandchildren got Halloween bags with goodies in them. Here they are checking out their prizes.








On Saturday Aubrey went to a Mystery Dinner. She was an enchantress. She looks mighty enchanting to me.



On Halloween we got visits from everyone. Here is the M & M family. The girls are dressed up as...M & M's. How cute. Liam is a shark...I don't remember which kind. Neil is Spot Collins from the Newsies. And little Mr. O is Gus Gus from Cinderella. What a cute family.





Payton and Kayda came as a beautiful princess and a lovely ballerina.




We have a pirate, a bunny, a bear, a cowboy and a mom from the Neus Family.
Aren't they adorable?




Trevor was Sonic the Hedgehog this year. He does well with his costumes. He makes them himself with limited help. Go Trevor.








Trick or Treat. The girls passing out the goodies.

The gang in their costumes.


This year we broke with tradition on Thanksgiving. For many many years we have gotten up early and gone to the Turkey Trot. This year Wayne's sister, Jeanine decided that since we have never had Thanksgiving dinner as an extended family we needed to do that. The men in the family went golfing, thanks to the effort and organization of Brian B. I was going to finally get to watch the Macy's Parade. I ended up watching Payton and Kayda and cooking. I did see a few of the floats.




Jeanine was in charge of the food assignments and not wanting to run out of food we ended up with enough food to feed a small country. We had a lot of yummy things to eat.








We had a great time visiting with each other. Grandma Salmon and some of her family were there. Kristen and her family were down from Utah. It is always fun to see them and visit with them because they are such a fun family.







After eating and visiting. The guys played a game of football and the children had fun doing some crafts. Then we had a fun time playing Minute to Win It. The Salmon family won, the Evans came in second and the Brimley's came in third. What fun that was.





Thanks to Jeanine for planning such a wonderful day. I am grateful for family and the bounties that the Lord has given me. I am grateful for the season we are moving into, to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

No comments: