. . . Make Lemonade!
On April 16th life gave me a really big lemon with Wayne waking up and telling me he had a horrible pain in his chest. I called 911 and off we went on a crazy roller-coaster ride not of my choosing. I DO NOT like roller-coaster rides! While we were in the ER he went into V-fib. They came in and did CPR and shocked him six times to get his heart back in rhythm. It was decided that they would go through the groin and look at his arteries and see if they could unblock them with a balloon or a stint. While that was going on he had another V-fib episode, so more CPR and three more shocks. It was discovered that he had a little tear in one of his arteries so the next option was surgery. Off to surgery and another V-fib, CPR, and shocked 26 times before the new arteries were hooked up. Things looked good after that. No more coding and no more CPR or shocks. The doctors were concerned about brain function with being shocked that many times. The next day when Wayne was trying to sign to us using the ASL alphabet we knew that he was alright. He wanted to know what happened to him. He had some breathing issues but after having fluid drained from both sides his breathing improved and he is doing so much better. I am so grateful for the love and prayers for him. I am grateful that he was spared to spend more time with me and his family. I am grateful to a loving Heavenly Father and for the atonement of Jesus Christ that made this ride easier to take. That is part of the lemonade. The rest of the lemonade is that I got to talk to my missionaries, see Travis, and have my children here rally around. I got to see and feel the love of extended family and wonderful friends and neighbors. And I am getting really good at texting! :) I am so blessed! Thank you all for your love and prayers! You are the BEST!
15 years ago








4 comments:
We love you! I'm glad Trav could spend time with the family. So happy that Wayne is so close to going home.
We are so grateful Wayne is doing better. What a very scary time for you guys! Please let us know if there is anything we can do. Luv you guys!
Im so sorry to hear about Wayne I hope everything is okay is there any thing we can do please let me know
Hey hope things are getting better! I'm not sure if I told you, but we will have donations for Margaret Manning at a boutique I'm having at my parents house saturday, on gilbert/mckellips..flyer is on my blog or you can email me dreadog7@gmail.com for flyer.. anyways, I hope you can make it and pass the word along on blog/emails..thanks so much!
Post a Comment