Sunday, May 17, 2009

What A Month!

Now that Wayne is home and doing well and I have a few minutes between being nurse, nutritionist, caregiver, and doing manly things around the house to post some pictures and document our month.


Banner Heart Hospital was Wayne's home for 11 days. They were awesome and took really good care of Wayne through all his heart attacks, surgery, and breathing issues. When they started talking about releasing him both Wayne and I started getting nervous because he still needed a lot of help to walk, get out of bed, shower, and pretty much do anything. After being evaluated our case worker suggested that we go to a rehab place/care home/halfway house (whatever you want to call it). It sounded like a good idea to us. I got the honor to decide where. They gave me a list of care centers and some suggestions. I asked Carrie to go with me to help make the decision. We checked out one place that had private rooms and had just done some renovations. When we first walked in it did not smell so that was a plus in its favor and the room they showed me looked really nice. So I felt good about it and didn't go look anywhere else.

The next 10 days Mission Palms Health and Rehab Center was Wayne's home. The nurses and other staff were very nice and took good care of Wayne. He met some very nice people there.

Wayne taking his breathing treatment while listening to his ipod.

Let's have a party! The M & M's and Neuses all came to visit at the same time. This is why we wanted a private room.

Neil making sure Matty is doing okay.

Ruthie checking out something on the floor.

Ruthie checking out Grandpa's equipment to make sure it works!

Check out that bandage!

I'm free. We got permission to take Wayne on a field trip on Fast Sunday. It was the Break the Fast at the Sub shop. Wayne had an enjoyable time but was ready to leave after a few hours of fun. He had to find a quiet corner with out kids trying to run into him.

Abby having some watermelon.

Matty having his rice and milk.

Kayda just relaxing by Grandpa

Liam just having a little thumb.

1 comment:

Kimi said...

Glad to see him looking so good. You seem to have a lot of help, or company anyway! Hang in there, I am keeping you in my prayers. BTW, that walker looks just like mine!