Monday, December 6, 2010

Flagstaff in the Winter

We went to Flagstaff for a few days because we needed to use up our points before the end of the year. I thought, "how can I go at such a critical time of the year, with so much to do." It actually turned out quite nicely. We had a wonderful condo with a fireplace and a beautiful view. When we got up there snow was still on the ground from an earlier storm. It was fun to be all cozy and look at the snow. Actually, the weather was really nice during the day.

I was able to be very productive and get a LOT of sewing done in a peaceful atmosphere with Christmas carols playing.

This is the view out our back. There was also a jacuzzi on our back patio. How fun!

Brendon, Carrie, and their kids came up on Friday evening and stayed until Saturday evening. They also brought Ruth and Neil. We had a great time.

The snow around the condo had pretty much melted away by the time they got there but the kids found patches and gathered up crusty snow and thought that was a great treat. Carrie and Brendon took them up towards Snow Bowl to play in deeper snow. They didn't last long. They came home and jumped into the jacuzzi and then off to Wendy's we went to each lunch.

The kids playing out in the back of the condo.

Here is Sawyer with her crusty treat.

Neil all dressed up for the snow.

Ruthie and her treat.

Abby in her boots looking for some snow.

All toasty and warm watching a movie and waiting to eat lasagna.

The fireplace was a hit.

I think we all had a good time and I would do it again. When I got home Aubrey had already started putting up the Christmas decorations. What a help that is.

1 comment:

Stephanie Evans said...

What a fun retreat... funny to go from warm weather up to "cold" weather though. The kids look more bundled than Collin does out here! If we end up in a place that snows *heaven forbid*, we MUST have a jacuzzi on the back porch. That would be heaven.

Your flautas look amazing. I don't think I have to tell you that we were greatly disappointed at missing out on good Mexican food.