Sunday, December 14, 2008

Musings

I have had the opportunity these last several months to give service to my daughter as she gouged a hole in her foot eleven days before she delivered her sweet little Matthew. I gave service when she had the baby and consequently with Matty's long stay in the hospital when he was so sick. It was not because I am some magnanimous person, but because I am a Mom and that is what mom's do. Always before I have been reluctant to be of service at this time of year (how obtuse can I be?) because I had my own agenda, which included sewing, carmel corn making, and getting my house decorated. I served with a crabby heart and found that my season turned into not as joyous a season as it should be. This year I have had an epiphany about service, which is--if you serve with a willing and giving heart the Lord helps you accomplish the things you need to do. Why has it taken me so long to get it? Eventhough I have been very busy with Carrie's girls and etc. I have been able to get my things done in record time. I am amazed and grateful for the help I have received from my loving Heavenly Father, whether it be in the form of a clear and organized mind (a first), the ability to work faster and smarter, or the help of a wonderful husband. I don't know what it is but I do know that it has worked and I am blessed. However, the Christmas decorations have not been liberated from their tubs, but that will come.

1 comment:

Stephanie Evans said...

Yeah for wonderful mother in laws!!! Or one mother in law in particular! :) You are the best. I waited until Travis got home on Friday to open him the package we got from you, but the second he opened it and I saw caramel corn, I had it out of that box and in my mouth in record time! I was wondering what you could have sent and there is nothing better that could have been in that package! It's definitely already gone. Holy cow- over eight bucks to ship that stuff!! It was very appreciated. Thank you!!! (Oh and I thought that last post about no Christmas decorations and Halloween decorations posing as Thanksgiving decorations was really cute)